YOUR ONLINE JOURNEY FOR MARITIME EDUCATION BEGINS HERE...
1. Register at www.uscaptainstraining.com
2. Under the drop-down tab of “captains course” select “Blended Masters”
3. Select date, time and location you desire to take the course. We offer classes in the following locations:
a. Charleston South Carolina
b. Myrtle Beach South Carolina
c. Georgetown South Carolina
4. Pay course fee to www.uscaptainstraining.com and I will be notified of your registration.
a. You will receive an online tool kit from US Captains Training that will assist you through the online learning process.
b. Complete the five modules and print your completion certificates at the end of each section and bring with you on test day.
Consideration: The advantages of choosing the Blended OUPV or Masters course is that the instructor/mentor will guide you through the entire process from start to finish. The instructor/mentor will be with you prepping and reviewing the material you have covered in the online course and administering the final exams.
5. Begin your online studies and make notes of any material that you are unsure of as you progress through the online material. Your mentor will be in touch with you by email within 48 hours of receiving your registration notification from USCT. This will allow us to plan your pathway to success.
6. Upon your initial discussion with your mentor, we will determine the location and time we will meet. Your mentor will monitor your progress through the online course.
7. Once the online material has been completed, you and your mentor we meet to begin prepping you for the final exams and answer any questions you may have pertaining to what you have learned online.
8. The last step in the process will be taking the final exams for the online course you have completed. With the OUPV course there are four (4) exams you will have to complete and with the Masters course there are five (5) exams you will have to complete to pass the course.
9. All exams are multiple-choice. If you have any issues with any of the exams and do not meet the required scores to pass, you can take each exam up to three times on the exam day.
10. If after the third attempt, you are still unsuccessful your mentor will discuss what needs to be reviewed to ensure a successful outcome.
11. Once you have completed all exams successfully, your mentor will submit your documentation to USCT on your behalf. Your course completion certificate then will be emailed to you within 48 hours of completing the course.
The Final Steps…
It has been said, “The application process was much harder than the training course”.
Sea Academy of Charleston and our experienced experts are trained in reviewing and submitting the applications on your behalf. With our expedited stream line service, your wait time to receive your NMC credentials will be greatly diminished.